amazon Name Apps Generator Fake mobile
A South Carolina state ID card provides all the identification benefits of a driver’s license or learners permit. An ID is valuable for those who cannot drive or simply choose not to have driving credentials. Like a driver license, a DMV ID card can be used for banking, gaining access to age-restricted events and venues, etc. South Carolina state residents age five and older can obtain a non-driver ID card.
A REAL ID identification card provides even more access to federal facilities and can be obtained instead of a standard state ID. Read on to learn more about getting an identification card in South Carolina, including where to apply for one and how much you can expect to pay for your new document.
South Carolina DMV ID Requirements
South Carolina DMV ID requirements differ from those for a regular drivers license, even though the same application form is used. To obtain an ID, SC DMV ID requirements state that you must:
- Live in the state of South Carolina.
- Be at least five years old.
- Not have a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit.
If you have a driver’s license issued by SC or another state, you must voluntarily surrender your license before obtaining an ID. The ID application form below provides room to explain the status of any driver license, learner’s permit or ID card you may have.Asset Jcm Rev Generator Icb® Operation amp; Ticket A Software Guide Installation
Non-citizens can obtain an SC ID card and are encouraged to use the International Customers’ Checklist below for guidance on obtaining the correct documents.
Documents Required for an ID Card in South Carolina
Applicants wondering, “What do you need to get a state ID in SC?” need to present the documents outlined below. The SCDMV will use them to verify your identity, state residency and legal presence in the United States. Documents required for state ID in South Carolina include:
- Proof of SC address, such as an unexpired SC driver’s license, vehicle registration, fishing/hunting license or tax records.
- Proof of citizenship, proof of identity and proof of date of birth via birth certificate, passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Legal name change documents, such as a marriage certificate or court-ordered name change (required only if your current name does not match the name on your identification documents).
- Social Security Number (SSN) via your Social Security card, a Social Security benefit statement or a W-2 form.
If you are missing one or more of the documents listed above, contact the SCDMV for a complete list of all possible ID card documents. You must pay the South Carolina DMV ID card fee at the time you file your application. SCDMV branch offices accept cash, checks, credit and debit cards. Credit and debit cards must be in the name of the applicant. You cannot use a card that is in the name of a company or business you represent. Credit and debit card transactions also incur a service fee of $1 plus 1.7 percent.
How to Get an ID in South Carolina
Even though the SCDMV offers many types of online transactions, you cannot get ID online in SC at this time. All applicants wondering where to get state ID in South Carolina must visit an SCDMV branch office to file an applicat